Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Fiber Weekend

This weekend was wonderfully exhausting!

It started with hauling two equines over the pass in my horse trailer – Chris, who was going to a new home (she loves him!) and King, a B Welsh pony for Correy’s next driving project. Talk about Mutt and Jeff! Since the weather has been icky, I figured I’d have to chain up, and needed chains for the trailer. When I went to get them, the ones they had were so slick to put on, I bought a set for the truck too (I have some chain chains that I’ve never opened, and will now return). I had Correy’s daughter, Brin, with me – what a helper! I guess I should admit that until this time, I’ve never put chains on a vehicle… in my whole life! Fortunately, these new-fangled chains are a snap to put on, and easy to take off. It was slow going over the top, but we made it, and everyone was fine.

Got to Correy’s and dropped off the pony (sorry no picture, I wasn’t thinking…). He looks like a miniature Clydesdale. We then went to the fairground to set up (Correy and I share a booth). Again, no picture (ditto…).

We went back the next morning to finish, and these pictures don’t really show much… (Except LindaLou having a good time!!)

I was surprised very surprised by the almost complete sell out of my dyed yarn, and all but 2 skeins of Mom’s “Vintage” mohair yarn. I sold a fair amount of roving, but not as much as last year. The yarn was a total hit, in spite of both of my swifts committing suicide the night before I left so I couldn’t finish rewinding the skeins (to mix up the colors). I sold all of the superwash/bamboo, and all but 1 skein of the superwash. WOW!

I couldn’t resist this picture:
This little guy was “helping” his mom and dad in the booth behind us. It was a very long day for him (and everyone else). I was so envious!

On Sunday, Correy and I traveled out to Ashwood so I could pick up this year’s pigs. After helping with pig rodeo, I brought home these 3 boys:
They’re still pretty wild, and contained in my horse trailer. I don’t think it will take long for them to get used to the human that feeds them, however!

Rainfall total: 75 inches since November 1, 2010.

Have I mentioned that I’m ready for spring?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pig rodeo, huh? I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to wrangle our three little piggies home a couple weeks ago. However, that will be different in a few months when they head off to the 4-H fair and auction (and then to freezers, including ours). And yes, the rain, rain, rain... I'm going crazy because of it. Here on the Oregon coast we don't even get snow to break the monotony!

Sharon said...

I miss you and Linda Lou - dangit. Congratulations on your booth and sales!

~~Sittin.n.Spinnin said...

So glad I got some of that roving... maybe in a couple weeks I'll get more, after we pick up Kevin :)
So nice to see Linda, even in a picture!

Leigh said...

75 inches??? Gee whiz, and I thought we had it rough! Sounds like you sold a lot and that's fantastic. I'm looking forward to when we can have some pigs too. Wouldn't mind seeing a pig rodeo, come to think of it.

Mim said...

Great to hear you did well at the sale!! I love the roving you sent and promise to post it soon on my blog.