Friday, November 5, 2010

What I do in my "not so" spare time...

When I walked into work today, the guys (I work in a building full of men) were all saying that I was famous!  Turns out my picture is in the paper - ok, sort of the back left side of my head, but still...

A local reporter did a story on the City Singers, of which I'm a part, and came to our rehersal yesterday to take pictures.  The story appears Here - click on the "photo" tab to see the picture.  I think the article was pretty well done, actually.  As it says, we will be performing tonight, about an hour's program.  It's always fun to sing at our library; we stand under the "rotunda," a large 3-story tall space between spiral staircases.  The accoustics are awesome!

In other news, I have acquired 3 rodenators in training.  Unfortunately, I accidentally knocked my camera off my desk at work, and it's not working.  I might just have to follow Michelle's lead and go to Costco.  As soon as I have picture-taking abilities again, I'll post their pictures.  Only one has a name, Ted (as in Kusinski) - he's a Maine Coon looking kitten, really pretty, but not at all socialized.  They're in my spare bathroom, where he's usually found hiding under the toilet...  The other two are brothers, all black (black tabbies, really), and they are much more friendly.  Both mothers of these kittens were feral, and I got them from a gal who caught the kittens when they were older to get them off the streets.  I'd like to name the black boys Chaos and Mayhem, but those don't really fit.  Oh well, I'm sure in a couple of weeks, with liberal applications of margaritas, I'll come up with something!

3 comments:

~~Sittin.n.Spinnin said...

That is a nice article! And yes, I see your head :)
Go look at the eye candy I posted :)

Sharon said...

You write just like you talk :)

Leigh said...

"Rodenators" Good word, LOL Funny about names for critters. Some fit, some don't. Time can always tell.

Pretty cool about the newspaper article and photo. So nice to have fun things like that to do.

If you get the camera Michelle did, let me know. Mine is on it's last legs and so far hers is my top contender for a replacement.